two assessment approaches for assessing an individual's addiction and explain why they are effective. Next, explain one model to addiction treatment and explain why it may be effective in treating addiction. Support your response using the Resources and the current literature.
Week 3: Assessment and Treatment of Addiction
A 17-year-old female client has been living in a homeless shelter. She is six months pregnant, addicted to cocaine, and has been using throughout her pregnancy. The client says she understands the possible harm her cocaine use poses to the unborn baby. Still, she insists that she will be able to better deal with her addiction after she gives birth. You have concerns about the well being of this client and her unborn baby. As a helping professional, what is your responsibility to the mother and child?
· Analyze methods for assessing addiction
· Evaluate models of addiction
· Analyze strengths and limitations of models of addiction
· Evaluate models of treatment
· Analyze strengths and limitations of models of treatment
Doweiko, H. E. (2019). Concepts of chemical dependency (10th ed.). Stamford, CT: Cengage.
· Chapter 28, "The Assessment of Suspected Substance Use Disorders" (pp. 389-404)
· Chapter 31, "The Treatment of Substance Use Disorders" (pp. 424-436)
Ding, K., Slate, M., & Yang, J. (2018). History of co-occurring disorders and current mental health status among homeless veterans. BMC Public Health, 18(1), 1-8.
Document: Instructions for Scholar Practitioner Project (SPP) Case Study (PDF)
Note: You will use this document to complete the Scholar Practitioner Project.
Discussion: Assessing Addiction and Models of Addiction Treatment
As a helping professional, identifying and applying appropriate assessment approaches to client treatment is essential to the treatments of addiction. After assessing clients with addiction problems, helping professionals must use and apply a treatment model to address the addiction. Identifying the right treatment model will be critical. The goal of any treatment program or approach is to stop abnormal, destructive addictive processes and replace them with healthy, constructive processes. There are many approaches available, but during the last 50 years, the Minnesota Model has dominated the field. It was the first formal approach to the treatment of any addiction and is now used to treat an array of chemical or behavioral addictions.
Although the Minnesota Model approach to treatment is still one of the most well-known and common treatment approaches, there are many other approaches found in the field. As a helping professional, you need to be acquainted with many treatment approaches as well as being familiar with trends in the assessment of addiction.
By Day 4
Post two assessment approaches for assessing an individual's addiction and explain why they are effective. Next, explain one model to addiction treatment and explain why it may be effective in treating addiction. Support your response using the Resources and the current literature.
Use this link to go to my text book online
username: [email protected]
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.