Hughes, R. L., Ginnett, R. C., & Curphy, G. J. (2022). Leadership: Enhancing the lessons of experience. (10th ed.). McGraw-Hill
Discussion topics include:
1. Leadership and change
2. Charismatic leadership
3. Transformational leadership
Assignments for Session 7 include:
1. Text: Chapter 16
Charismatic Leadership Theory
When I ask students to think of people that have or had charisma, I often get answers like Martin Luther King, John F. Kennedy, Elvis, and Franklin D. Roosevelt. Charisma is hard to define but everyone knows it when they see it. A charismatic leader leads by example. Such a person represents a vision for change–a change for a better future. They are successful in rallying employees around this vision and they make exceptional efforts through personal example to achieve the vision. Charismatic leaders are exciting and energizing to their staffs.
Transactional vs. Transformational Leadership
Transactional leaders are those who guide or motivate followers toward accomplishing organizational goals. Transactional leaders make roles and requirements clear for employees. They establish rewards for good performance and recognize accomplishments. They only get involved when there is a problem (management by exception).
Transformational leaders have charisma and provide inspiration to their employees. They tend to have individual relationships with employees and provide intellectual stimulation. They act as advisors and coaches and instill others with a sense of mission.
Module 7 Discussion Questions:
Note: Please type the question and then the answer which should be about 250 words for each question.
1. Explain how a leader’s sense of self-efficacy is related to that person’s ability to lead change.
2. Describe the most charismatic leader you know. What are the characteristics that make this person charismatic?
Login: [email protected]
Password: Chauncey04! “Capital C”
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.