Information Systems Analysis, Modeling, and Design
Individual Project Assignment
The purpose of the individual system analysis and design project is to demonstrate student’s ability to
apply the knowledge learned in this course to a real-world project.
1. The system analysis and design project must be realistic and it will be done using techniques covered
in this course. The list of topics suggested for this project is as follows:
a) Ticket purchase system (airline, train, cruise, concert, or others)
b) Internet shopping sites (clothing, shoes, books, music, or others)
c) Local real estate agency system
d) Rental system (car, video, or others)
e) Warehouse management system
f) Student record system
g) Banking system
h) Insurance purchase system (life, medical, homeowner, or others)
i) Credit card management system
j) Library circulation system
2. The above list is meant to be suggestive and if you have an idea about a specific topic, please consult
with your instructor early to determine if it is suitable for the course.
3. You have to select and submit the project topic for instructor’s approval by the end of Week 2.
The project requires students to perform three phases: (a) requirements analysis, (b) system and database
design, and (c) a project plan. Note that in the phase 3, students are required to use the MS Project
software for their project schedule.
The deadline for the Individual Project can be found in the schedule section of the class syllabus.
The following layout format covering a title page and all three phases is recommended for the project.
Title page (project name, author, and date)
Phase 1: Requirement analysis
A. Problem definition
F. Description of the proposed system
G. Logical model design
1. Data flow diagrams
o Diagram 1 (Diagram 1 is optional)
Descriptions of processes in each diagram
2. Descriptions of outputs/inputs/performance/security or controls
H. Specific requirements, if any (interface, operational, resource, performance, etc.)
Phase 2: System and database design
A. User interface
Design an overall user interface consisting of screens, commands, controls, and features to
enable users to use the system.
1. How data will be input to the system?
The physical layout for each input
The input design and procedures
2. How data will be output from the system?
The physical layout for each output
The output design and procedures
B. Data design
Develop a plan for data organization, storage, updating, and retrieval.
1. Database design
Database tables with their attributes should be presented
Primary key(s) should be identified in each table, if any
Three steps of normalization should be included.
2. Entity-relationship diagrams
3. Data file storage and access
C. System architecture
Determine the architecture of the system as Web-based interface, client/server architecture,
Internet/Intranet interface, network configuration, etc.
Phase 3: Project plan
A list of tasks or activities needed for implementing the proposed system
Estimating completion time and costs
A project schedule for performing those activities (Gantt charts or PERT charts)
Note that there is no other required software package except the MS Project software in this ITEC-630
course. As a result, you are only required to use the MS Project software to handle the scheduling part of
the project and for other parts, you can use any word editing software or any drawing tools software.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.